Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

asymmetric pulse delay (pulse extender)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aniccame

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a circuit that uses four phases of a 74HC4017 johnson counter and 2 x 2 74HC32 OR gates to create two square waves phase shifted by 90 degrees.

It is almost perfect, except on the OR gate output, I need to output to stay high as each input goes high. However, due to propogation delay in the Johnson Counter and wiring, there is a very short amount of time when the output of the OR gate goes low. It's so brief it isn't even registered on my 20 MHz scope. However, I need to eliminate it for my application (driving IR2110 mosfet drivers).

The circuit is operating between 10 Hz to 1 MHz.

I need the first pulse that goes into the OR gate to be extended by around 100ns or 200nS. I don't want to delay the rising edge of the pulse, just delay the falling edge.

I think I have a resolution that I stumbled across by using a diode, resistor, and schmitt trigger. I will post it here if it works.

If anyone has any ideas or questions they would be greatly appreciated!

This has been resolved.
I needed to use higher value power supply bypass capacitors in the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.