Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assistance to identify this component

Status
Not open for further replies.

nearmitech

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am desperately seeking some help to identify what this 5 legged SMD component is.

h7p SMD IC.jpg

The inscription reads H1P. On doing some search on the net I came across this website http://www.s-manuals.com/smd/h1 that suggested that H1P** (the closest to the actual component) is a LDO regulator RP130N241B manufactured by RICOH.

However, according to the data sheet pin 2 should be GND. On the PCB I have however, it is pin 3 that is grounded.

Any help / suggestions to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

The datasheet says:

• SOT-23-5
Pin No Symbol Pin Description
1 VDD Input Pin
2 GND Ground Pin
3 -CE / CE Chip Enable Pin ("L" Active / "H" Active)

I guess Pin 3 can be either high or low. It simply means "does not care"

You mainly see whether the output is going where it is expected. That will be a better confirmation.

I guess Pin 3 can be either high or low. It simply means "does not care"
No.

CE is the Chip Enable pin:
CE pin polarity and auto-discharge function at off state are options as follows.
A: active low, without auto-discharge function at off state.
B: active high, without auto-discharge function at off state.
D: active high, with auto-discharge function at off state.

If the chip is disabled, then the ouput is switched OFF.

Pin4 of the RP130 clearly is "N.C." which means "internally not connected", but on the board it is wired.

I don´t think that the part on the PCB is the RP130xxx LDO.

But I have no idea what else it could be.

Klaus

No.

CE is the Chip Enable pin:
CE pin polarity and auto-discharge function at off state are options as follows.
A: active low, without auto-discharge function at off state.
B: active high, without auto-discharge function at off state.
D: active high, with auto-discharge function at off state.

If the chip is disabled, then the ouput is switched OFF.

Pin4 of the RP130 clearly is "N.C." which means "internally not connected", but on the board it is wired.

I don´t think that the part on the PCB is the RP130xxx LDO.

But I have no idea what else it could be.

Klaus
Thank you for the reply. Perhaps I should have mentioned in my earlier question that PIN 2 is definitely not ground.

As C_mitra pointed out and I agree pin 3 could be high or low and that is really not the issue. Just like you I am almost certain that this is not an LDO. Because if it was, then Pin 2 should have been ground for certain. But that is not the case and that is why I came to this forum to brainstorm.

Any other ideas would be welcome. I am stuck with repairs on a PCB because I am unable to figure out what this part is and whether this is functioning correctly or not.

Hi,

You want us to give more ideas.
For this we need some more information.
like:
* That does the whole PCB do (from which device?)
* what does that IC do (just your guessing..)
* where do the connectors go to?
* a photo with a bit wider view, so we can see where the traces go to. Enough resolution so we can identify the names and values.

Klaus

When I was working in manufacturing electronic equipment, had the opportunity to ask a person from an integrated circuits manufacturer about the markings on SMDs.
Answer was "it is an internal batch number to identify what it is for OURSELVES, it is not a device part number. If we manufacture the same device tomorrow, it can have another marking so WE know it is another batch. Device part numbers are only shown on the finished product reel label. So the robot mounts on tape always the same device for that reel. 😱
If another brand manufacturer makes the SAME device, can have the marking they want on it for that reel/batch.

I suggest to draw the schematic of its neighborhood and look for application notes of the ICs connected to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back