Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assigning waveguide port in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry797

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I'm designing a microstripline in CST for which I need to assign a port in order to simulate the design at different frequencies. Now in order to set a similar condition as in real life, I need to use a port at 50ohm characterestic impedance. I'm going to use an sma port during fabrication. Hence how can I account for a 50ohm waveguide or discrete port in CST? I'm also unsure whether a waveguide port or a discrete port is more suitable in this case.
Many Thanks in advance!

You can set the impedance using a discrete port (take S-parameter port, you can then set the impedance directly). But it will become inaccurate if the guide is a few wavelengths or larger.
With the waveguide port you'll get the impedance defined by the geometry of the guide and the mode you inject. You can optimize it to the value you want by changing the geometry (e.g. use the optimizer or a parameter sweep and record the line impedance).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back