Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ask for Help: Wireless control of domestic devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.Zeng

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I would like to apply RF Transmitter & Reciver with a 8051 microcontroller as the main system design.
Which types of ICs are suited for the simple design. ( Easy for hardware circuit and program).

Cheers,
David.

Hi David,
I would like to apply RF Transmitter & Reciver with a 8051 microcontroller as the main system design.
My undestanding is you are planning to design Home Automation system.. Am i right..?
If so it depends on RF Transceivers you prefer to embed with your controllers.
In your case Zigbee is most suited. while choosing Zigbee Like Freescale or TI apart few others are providing Platform independent Zigbee Stack also.
visit https://www.zigbee.org, www.freescale.com/zigbee or TI website you have detailed documentation and bundles of test scenarios with various MCU's

with regards
Pcup

pcup said:
Hi David,
In your case Zigbee is most suited. while choosing Zigbee Like Freescale or TI apart few others are providing Platform independent Zigbee Stack also.
visit https://www.zigbee.org, www.freescale.com/zigbee or TI website you have detailed documentation and bundles of test scenarios with various MCU's

with regards
Pcup

Hi, Pcup,
Exactly.
Cheers, man.

Also, why not use bluetooth module here? Is it easy for design?

no , for bluetooth module you need to have control over usb protocol , and the range is so limited area [ small ].

i recently developed the such ckt using ready mead rf module [4 switches] and its receiver it is working fine for 300-450 meters !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back