Status
Not open for further replies.

kayaoo

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want o simulate the AGC function in a fading channel (TU6 for DVB-T,excactly). After reading many posts, I was completely comfused.
1. The rayleigh fading basically models a summary of some space equally distrubuted scattering waves( the space is 2-dimension but not 3-dimension). The summary is comply with some rayleigh-pdf-distribution. In many matlab codes, a great number of multipath are generated and summed. But you know, we have found some some "pdf-distribution" which can be very simply modelled with abs(randn(1,1)+randn(1,1)*sqrt(-1)), why should we use a time-consuming "summary".
2. In IEC62002-1-2005, page 24, the doppler channel is discripted as

Table 6 – Typical urban profile (TU6) constitution
Tap Delay (us) Power(dB), Doppler spectrum
1 0.0 -3 Rayleigh
2 0.2 0 Rayleigh
3 0.5 -2 Rayleigh
4 1.6 -6 Rayleigh
5 2.3 -8 Rayleigh
6 5.0 -10 Rayleigh

Does it means each tap is a multipath with a fixed delay? Could a fixed delayed path be called a Rayleigh channel? How to simulate such a channel in a simple way?

You can Try AWR's Visual System simulator for simulation. They have a Multipath channel model. I have attached a screen print for the channel model configured to your specification. Hope this helps.
[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…