Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASIC FPGA VLSI in Dubai /UAE

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsi logic jobs in dubai

Hi Omara,

What do you think about DIB (Dut interface boards) companies in the DSO area? Is there any thing going on related to High Speed PCB designs?

Thanks,

Abbas

mindspeed dubai engineer

smjafri said:
Hi Omara,

What do you think about DIB (Dut interface boards) companies in the DSO area? Is there any thing going on related to High Speed PCB designs?

Thanks,

Abbas

I never heard of this DIB thing ..

teaching jobs in vlsi design in middle east

Did anyone else on the board have heard any thing about PCB designing?

ic design engineer + dubai

Hi,

I agree with the guy whio said there 's a little information about DSO and the web site is outdated. I think Synopsys was recruiting fron end engineers last year on their behalf.

Does anyone have an idea what DSO is going to be? Is it designs centres, manufacturing or academic only? I first heard about it in 2003 (ie, 5 years ago) but what is the plan and time scale?

Thanks.

dubai, vlsi

migrant said:
Hi,

I agree with the guy whio said there 's a little information about DSO and the web site is outdated. I think Synopsys was recruiting fron end engineers last year on their behalf.

Does anyone have an idea what DSO is going to be? Is it designs centres, manufacturing or academic only? I first heard about it in 2003 (ie, 5 years ago) but what is the plan and time scale?

Thanks.
Now, DSO has 2 design centers .. one is local (DCD) and one is international (Mindspeed) ..
Not much academic/training activities are taking place ..
I heard that they are going to do some manufactoring .. but not sure of what type .. I personally have strong doubts it can be fab-related ..

asic jobs in gulf countries

Hello Omara07

Nice to have u on blog getting right information on DSO.

Can help me out currently i m master student in VLSI system Design it about to complete Aug 2008.

my self planning to relocate at Dubai? as entry level designer ? can i get in DSO?

how is future for Analog designer in DSO? can you give suggestion to me.

Thanking you advance

vlsi design companies in abroad

Hello Omara07

Nice to have u on blog getting right information on DSO.

Can help me out currently i m master student in VLSI system Design it about to complete Aug 2008.

my self planning to relocate at Dubai? as entry level designer ? can i get in DSO?

how is future for Analog designer in DSO? can you give suggestion to me.

Thanking you advance

I graduated in 2007 I am currently in Dubai to find a job in this field or related. I applied careers@dso.ae nothing came up for me yet. If you want to apply you can go to the companies website and check the postings of all companies operating in Dubai. I don't recommend people to send their CVs to this e-mail address (careers@dso.ae) because I am sure the HR people are bunch of idots who haven't literary graduated from universities. I sent my CV thousands of times and when I call to ask what happed they lost my CV and when i ask about DSO they dont give understand what they are saying that what it sounded to me. It sounded from the way they speak on the phone they dont know what the hell they are doing. But so far I think you might get the chance by next year (end of 2008 and 2009) there arent much companies established yet.

However, I found out one more company when i was searching on the website for companies that has design centers in Dubai.
check this out:
https://www.whiztec.com/careers.htm

Now we know about 3 companies they are currently establishing in Dubai please help each other to build more info about those companies wants to establish.
If you find out more update the list at the end of this message and keep it spreading or post it on the new discussion board title "ELECTRONICS COMPANIES LIST IN DSO, DUBAI, & UAE".

I called DSO lately to ask them my innocent question "What companies and design centers will established and had established in Dubai ?" They replied why do you need such information and I said i wanna know about them so i can apply through their websites and the answer was "sorry sir we cannot give you such information you apply only through careers@dso.ae". so I was trying to get away from those idiots who work at the HR but they didnt help me to get the list of these companies. I will post a new discussion board its title "ELECTRONICS COMPANIES LIST IN DSO, DUBAI, & UAE" I want everyone to share information supported by a website of the company. I am sure there is more than just those 3.

Omara007, I am currently in Dubai trying to find a job in the field of RFIDs analog design, or mixed signal VLSI. I am very interested in these fields and I have the background in addition to the projects I worked on during my academic year and my former job. I worked in an electronics lab at my university when i was doing my BS. I worked for 3 years in this lab and I graduated in may 2007. You used to work with LSI before they ran out of business I think you might know how stuff goes over there when it comes to recruitment. so my question is
1) Do you think I can be qualified with my BS and my experience or do i have to do my masters ?
2) I heard from one of the guys he was interviewed by a company called "Microcon" and he was offered 15500 dhs as an entry level job. Do you have any idea about this company? If you still go to DSO can you ask for me ?

Companies List of DSO:

1) Mindspeed www.mindspeed.com
2) DCD www.DCD.ae
3) Whizel technologies www.whiztec.com

NOTE:
GUYS PLEASE SHARE THIS INFO SUPPORTED WITH A WEBSITE. APPLYING THROUGH DSO WEBSITE IS NOT WORTH IT TRUST ME ITS BETTER APPLYING TO THE COMPANIES LOCATED IN THE DSO THROUGH THEIR WEBSITES. SO FAR WE HAVE 3 FULLY OPERATING AND THERE ARE MORE COMPANIES IN THE NEAR FUTURE LETS FIND ABOUT THEM AND BE THE FIRST TO GET HIRED AT THOSE. IAM TRYING MY BEST TO KNOW ABOUT THESE COMPANIES SO WE CAN SHARE IT TOGETHER PLEASE HELP ME AND LETS ALL BENEFIT FROM THIS.

UPDATE THROUGH THE DISCUSSION BOARD CALLED "ELECTRONICS COMPANIES LIST IN DSO, DUBAI, & UAE"

ppt slides on asic technology

Hi Hesham_Mahrous

First, I didn't work for LSI Logic before .. I started directly with Mindspeed ..

Second, don't blame the HR that much .. you have a small misconception .. DSO is not a company by itself .. DSO is no more than an authority to legalize the existance of semiconductor (and others) companies .. in other words, to host them (just a place) and give them an environment to work in .. no more no less .. they themselves don't interview people ..

As a result, you need to directly contact the 2 only design centers here in DSO .. Mindspeed & DCD ..

1. Mindspeed is currently recruiting experienced digital front-end designers .. and I honestly don't think they will go for freshers however smart they can .. they don't take freshers at all ..

2. DCD is recruiting backend physical designers .. I'm not very sure if they take freshers or not ... yet, the position is for backend .. not RF or any related ..

For Microcon, I didn't hear about them .. and also WHIZTEC .. never heard of it ..

About the salaries .. 15500 AED is definitly a huge salary for someone working in DSO .. I doubt it can be for an entry level .. DSO supports the employees with subsidized housing, for that the salaries are below this average .. specially for less experienced engineers .. yet, I heard that DCD is giving higher salaries than Mindspeed ..

This is all I know .. hope it helped ..

asic jobs at abu dhabi

Hi Omara007,

I am US citizen and I have at least 8 years of experience in ASIC and FPGA from design, test, debug, etc. Do you know anyoe manager or recruiter I can forward my resume to. I am interested to live in Dubai.

Thanks
tarek

ic design job in abu dhabi

Hi omara007,

I have 10Yrs experience in Backend and i want to relocate to Dubai. What is the best way to approach DSO or DCD .. or mindspeed or lsi .... Pls. help !!!

:|

vlsi design companies in uae

what is the average salary at dcd for a Backend Guy with 10+ Yrs experience ??
Any idea !!!!

omara007 said:
Hi Hesham_Mahrous

First, I didn't work for LSI Logic before .. I started directly with Mindspeed ..

Second, don't blame the HR that much .. you have a small misconception .. DSO is not a company by itself .. DSO is no more than an authority to legalize the existance of semiconductor (and others) companies .. in other words, to host them (just a place) and give them an environment to work in .. no more no less .. they themselves don't interview people ..

As a result, you need to directly contact the 2 only design centers here in DSO .. Mindspeed & DCD ..

1. Mindspeed is currently recruiting experienced digital front-end designers .. and I honestly don't think they will go for freshers however smart they can .. they don't take freshers at all ..

2. DCD is recruiting backend physical designers .. I'm not very sure if they take freshers or not ... yet, the position is for backend .. not RF or any related ..

For Microcon, I didn't hear about them .. and also WHIZTEC .. never heard of it ..

About the salaries .. 15500 AED is definitly a huge salary for someone working in DSO .. I doubt it can be for an entry level .. DSO supports the employees with subsidized housing, for that the salaries are below this average .. specially for less experienced engineers .. yet, I heard that DCD is giving higher salaries than Mindspeed ..

This is all I know .. hope it helped ..

asic co real estate dubai

Hello Omara007,

I am waiting for your response.... I have posted two mails with an enquiry abt. the average pay of a backend engineer with 10+ yrs experience ....

Pls. revert asap !!

Bowee

analog ic design jobs in dubai

bowee said:
Hello Omara007,

I am waiting for your response.... I have posted two mails with an enquiry abt. the average pay of a backend engineer with 10+ yrs experience ....

Pls. revert asap !!

Bowee

I have no idea .. but I heard they are getting good salaries ..

fpga and asic jobs in middle east

Thank you Gentlemen for your interest in Dubai Silicon Oasis.

My name is Khaled Abdulla and I currently lead the corporate communications department at Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority. Kindly note that if you need any information about DSO or the companies operating from within its premises, please feel free to email me on kabdulla@dso.ae.

Thank you,
Best regards,

vlsi design in dubai

Good to have you here Khaled .. I believe we can even meet in real life :) .. we might be couple of offices apart.
So, what does Corporate Communications Depart. do ? .. I would also love to know if there are more Design Centers opening in DSO or not ..

asic dubai]

hello everybody
i want to know how much do mindspeed pay for an expert proffisional in the asic design feild ,if anybody knows please rply , and also if there are any openings thesedays .
thanks alot

vlsi jobs abu dhabi

controcom said:
hello everybody
i want to know how much do mindspeed pay for an expert proffisional in the asic design feild ,if anybody knows please rply , and also if there are any openings thesedays .
thanks alot

There are openings in Mindspeed for ASIC/FPGA Design/Verification engineers with 6+ years of experience ..
How many years of experience do you have ?

vlsi design jobs dubai middle east

thanka for fast reply i have more than 12 years experince and i have master degree in electronic engineering , my experince is with the biggest companies in north america also i am canadian

vlsi job opportunities in dubai

Hi ,
Do Mindspeed or any othet company in dubai have openings for PCBdesigner 8+ yrs of experience with CID certification.

Hi,
I have just completed my MS in electrical engineering from US. I am interested in a job in Dubai ( ASIC/FPGA Design/Verification engineers ). Can some one help please?
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.