Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

asic design flow simulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandhipathik

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello..

what is the difference between pre-layout simulation and post-layout simulation/?? suppose i have a code of full adder and i want to simulate this code with both pre-layout simulation and post-layout simulation..Then how it performs??

hello..

what is the difference between pre-layout simulation and post-layout simulation/?? suppose i have a code of full adder and i want to simulate this code with both pre-layout simulation and post-layout simulation..Then how it performs??

hi gandhiptik
pre - layout simulation means after synthesis, verifying your gate level net list whether it is functionally working correct or not..where as post - layout simulation means checking your layout for functionality meeting..refer the following link once
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/143081/

You can do both simulations in Xilinx ISE. Which means you can do RTL simulation, post mapping simulation and post Place and route simulation in xilinx ise.

Status
Not open for further replies.