Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

As-soon-as-possible (ASAP) and As-late-as-possible (ALAP) scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

abd_elhamid_

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a confused in this question, Can any one give me an equation(additions and multiplications) where the max. clock cycles needed (given by ALAP schedule) should exceed the min. number of clock cycles needed (given by ASAP schedule ) by no less than 3 cycles.

Thanks

I'm assuming this has something to do with arbitration or possibly an output stream scheduler.

I don't think its an equation of + & *, but it's more of looking at a set of conditions that look at...

* scheduling count between ASAP and ALAP
* priority of the requesting resource
* adjustment of the priorities as a requester's scheduling count gets closer to ALAP.

Be neither obsessive nor a procrastinator, so to speak. Rather, be timely. Do it ATAP. So soon or late also has factors of probability of being wrong from tolerances and exceptions to mean, thus the precise algorithm must consider all potential variances and the probabilities to yield an optimal schedule. Monte Carlo simuations often test these for results in complex systems, otherwise worst case values are used for conservative results.

But the reality is many variables are synchronous to environment such as voltage or temperature, so worst case if not factored by these variables can be low probability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back