Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Array steering vector

Status
Not open for further replies.

boy

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
steering vector matlab

If I do signal processing in DSP to steer the beam (i.e. all the phase shifts have been done at the baseband). Does the actualy beam steer? I mean if i put the array and a chamber and measure the readiation pattern. Or, I do need a real RF phase shifter to actualy steer the beam? thank you

phased arrays steering vector

We are speaking about phased array antennas.
Yes, it is possible at the expense of an increase in complexity.
Beamforming can be done at RF, IF or baseband, controlling amplitude and phase.
This is both for Tx or Rx. If done in Rx after Analog-to-Digital conversion (or in Tx previous to Digital-to Analog conversion), it is called Digital Beamforming.
Regards

Z

yeah, my question is that the digital beamforming really steer the beam??

hi guys need help
I am doing my thesis on Effect of missing sensors on beam formation in a multioctave linear array operating at 0 to around 880Hz. Now am too bad at programming and need some hand on utotrials or matlab code to ge tme started. Can anyone guide or help me. My supervisor wants me to do it in Visual C but dont know that so would settle for Matlab First. Any ideas Help Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back