Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Array Antenna Amplitude Tapering for SLL Reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

farzanehjun

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one
I designe waveguide slotted array with -27.5 dB SLL in CST,
when I fabricate and test it
SLL increase to -25 dB
Have any one information about space tapering or other methods to reduce SLL in simulation?

it may be because of your fabrication tolerance.

I think 2-3dB defradation of sidelobe is due to fabrication. In my experience of an array of 16 horns with a 30dB SLL goal, I had 2 dB degradation due to feeding network and cables and 1 dB due to antenna itself mechanical errors that finally concluded to a 27dB SLL. Specially in slot which error factors including the angles of slots, amount of loss of waveguide, position of slots,... affects SLL.

Something magic . Typically for complicated Hi gain antenna that is around -15 dB. But in your case should something simple, sectoral, equivalent to some dipole area.
Can you drop your project?

I think 2-3dB defradation of sidelobe is due to fabrication. In my experience of an array of 16 horns with a 30dB SLL goal, I had 2 dB degradation due to feeding network and cables and 1 dB due to antenna itself mechanical errors that finally concluded to a 27dB SLL. Specially in slot which error factors including the angles of slots, amount of loss of waveguide, position of slots,... affects SLL.

Thanks for your reply
I know thatthe fabrication process is major problem, as you said.
But , you know, I can not improve fabrication and so I have to design Antenna with better SLL
Do you any idea about reduction SLL in simulation? for example less than -30 dB?

- - - Updated - - -

Something magic . Typically for complicated Hi gain antenna that is around -15 dB. But in your case should something simple, sectoral, equivalent to some dipole area.
Can you drop your project?

So sorry, I can't drop it.

No problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back