Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

arm7tdmi: something odd when set register by jtag

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasklet

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Well, now I find myself in exactly the same problem as asked in this post:

I'm playing with S3C44B0X (ARM7TDMI core) jtag, and write some demo code to set / dump core registers by jtag. regdump works fine but there are some issue for regset: I write 0x12345678 into the core register, e.g. R3, but the R3 reading dumped out will be 0x45671234. But if I write 0x00 before write the real data into R3, the issue will be solved.

There is a App Note by Atmel referenced in the post, I'm sure I'm using the same jtag sequence as described in Page14 of the App Notes to write the core registers. I don't know if there are any undocumented tricks / problems for arm7tdmi jtag related to this issue.

If anyone has any advice / thoughts / etc. you will be appreciated. I have been fighting with this issue for more than two weeks.

If you need source code / schematic / etc. , just leave your e-mail and I will send it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back