Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ARM for motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

artem

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is anyone dealing with motor control based on arm7 micros ? there some few appnotes from nxp kit from st for motor control, analog promoting aduc's.
I am interested in reliability these micros can show under hard conditions EM temperature mechanical .

Thanks

The majority of ARM are 3.3V or below. Most of the ARM vendor target the market of PDA, LCD etc. Very Few of solution suit the auto or industry environment.

I am talking about chips which are destined to replace 8 bit micros (e.g. lpc2148 ). 3.3V is not a problem .

Have you considered the microchip "J" parts? They are 3.3 volts also. I will never consider them because of the voltage issue. Though They are really cheap and fast.

Hi. Look Analog Devices ARM(ADuC7XXX).
\**broken link removed**

Best Regards.

nice price, how hard to get samples from AD? And how long they are planning to keep the product line?

AD is good with samples - but better to have corporate email and company details when registering for free goods.

BTW there are about 75 eval board and less than 300 sdk with jtag . May be better to pay for the last .

aduc pros :
adc 12 bits 1 MS/sec

cons
- 40 MHz clock less than on others arm chips
- only one adc (i need at least synchronous 2)
- less ram only 8 KB compared to lpc2148 , will decrease high speed code size could be placed into ram against flash slowness

i found another chip cortex arm STM32F103x8
with two 12 bits 1 usec conversion time ADC .
digikey prices not much expensive .

Who has experience on st chips ? I need quick decision to be done on the subject . Are ST chips especially ADC, interrupts, timers, fast inout operations emc not much buggy to start with ?

Hi

The NXP part LPC2xxx and ST part can handle motor control : steper, burshless etc they have the power to do it

For hard enviroment use dedicated chip (full hardware) it is the best soulation from my point of view

other wise you will need to do a hard debugging operation - use the MISRA rules when design motor control best on software

All the best

Bobi

How about Microchip dsPICs? anyone use them for motor control?

IamnotJunk said:
How about Microchip dsPICs? anyone use them for motor control?
They are a good choice + there are very well featured boards for dsPICs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back