Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Area under curve of Oscilloscope plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambuj123

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to measure energy consumption of my circuit.
To do this, I have connected 100 ohm resistor in series with the vcc of the board and have connected two probes
of oscilloscope at the two end of the resistor and using math function to finding difference between them.

I am able to see the plot, but the problem is I have oscilloscope agilent 1000b which it seems does not have way to integrate the curve/ find area under the curve, which I need
to find measurements of energy consumed.

I have saved the plot as bmp file attached with this post, does anyone have idea of software or way we can find area under the curve from the waveform plot ?
attached waveform with the post.

anyhelp will be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Ambuj

Attachments

• NewFile0.bmp
    219.4 KB · Views: 85

What accuracy do you want?. Do you want mean or RMS? If mean just eye ball it, i.e. first section= time div = 2, amplitude div = 1, second section time divs = 2, amplitude divs = 2, . . . Over the times divs/sec.
Frank

You can save the waveform in csv format and perform the calculation in spreadsheet calculator.

You can save the waveform in csv format and perform the calculation in spreadsheet calculator.

Important remember to square each measured point, due Energy is proportional to squared voltage over resistor.

+++

Hi,

Thanks, I was able to take measurements.
I saved the plot to csv file, imported to matlab and then did the measurements.

and yes Andre, thanks for reminding me to square :)

Thanks,
Ambuj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back