Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino and Bridge Transducer (AD7730)

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterflai

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have been trying to get the AD7730 and Arduino (ATMEGA2560) to talk to each other using SPI. Wired the AD7730 up on a bread board, connected it to Arduino and then set up the SPI (Mode 0: clock idle in LOW and new bits at LOW->HIGH clock transitions) on Arduino.

SPI.transfer(BYTE) doesn't seem to show any effect though. After sending the command byte to for example ask to read from the status register the RDY signal never goes LOW (signalling a finished reading/writing operation).

When trying to read from the AD7730 data register, what byte do I have to pass to SPI.transfer [data = SPI.transfer(address byte)] ? I didn't find any documentation about what address byte to use (0x00, 0xFF, ...).

For sending multi-byte data, I did send the high byte first and then the lower bytes (0x1234 --> 0x12 then 0x34) in individual SPI.transfer() commands seeing that SPI.transfer() only handles bytes. Is that the right order

Anyone here who has some experience with working with the AD7730? Seems like a great chip to interface with load cells, but I am rather stuck at the moment and would welcome any help.
Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.