Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aquiring digital data through serail port in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammad Naveed

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to acquire digital data which are bit streams of an image and use MATLAB for this purpose so that i can display that image in MATLAB as output.

You should store the stream in a variable in matlab workspace, then reshape according to your image size ('reshape' command). The use 'image' command to view it. For more precise answer provide more information.

my project is designing a wireless surveillance system using FHSS modulation which transmits data of variable data rates over the wireless channel. we have successfully implemented a transmission system which is functioning properly for data reception for a bit stream and a note pad file, but we are facing problem in viewing digital image at transceiver end whose data is received at receiver's micro controller buffer. Now we wish to use matlab to view that image can you provide us with a code which can perform this operation.

You did not say what port your data come to.
Matlab help provides a lot of good examples, especially for such a simple operation as storing and viewing data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back