Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

appcadclassic - how to use it with win98?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajas3

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
appcadclassic contains a number of useful utilities.unfortunately it is not working well with the dos of win98.as this version is no longer supported this bug remains unfixed.can any body tell me how to use appcadclassic with win98.
thank yu

Why not download new Appcad 2.5 from Agilent's wesite ?
Regards

Is it a freeware, no expire date, no limitation.

no comparison

Unfortunately, the new version leaves out many of the more useful routines of the older version and adds some trivially simple things that you could do by hand.

The new Appcad will not contain differential impedance calculations. To run the classic you must either boot to DOS or shut down to DOS, you guys running NT or WIN2K are out of luck!! XP you can still make a DOS boot disk I don't know if it will work wiyh NTFS file system.

SiGiNT

flatulent,
Tell me please what are the useful routines that had been left out of the new version. As the old one is available, perhaps I'll download it. Thank you.
g579

too long ago

Two port analysis
transmission lines and couplers
cascade noise analysis
spiral inductor design
impedance matching

What you will probably find is that the program will load and display the menu, but most of the routines will hang up part way through.

Thank you for the info flatulent.

PS. If it is not appropriate please delete this message.

Status
Not open for further replies.