Anyone with antenna simulator software ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Externet

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
Please, can someone capable of simulating / evaluating a theorical antenna show the results, characteristics and impedance plotting from 50 MHz to 1000 MHz for a 78 cm diameter loop with 1mm conductor ?

OK. Seems am asking a too lunatic thing...

Just wanted to learn what would be the behavior and characteristics of a loop antenna working well out of its intended range.

Is there any magnetic loop antenna on-line calculator (or for Linux) that you can suggest ?

the free NEC2 should do this for you. I use 4nec2 myself and I think it even comes with some loop examples installed.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The presented loop acts only at low frequencies as magnetic loop antenna. Over most of the frequency range it has more similarities with a folded dipole. The current distribution is far from being uniform, the input impedance is non-monotonically varying with multiple resonances over the frequency range.

No job for a simple "calculator", rather a full-featured EM solver.

Thanks.
Yes, those multiple resonances are the ones I would like to see plotted. No access to a full featured EM solver :-(

A simple on-line calculator found shows the attachment, for the unusually large circumference :

Attachments

• Loop.png
    87 KB · Views: 79

The current distribution is far from being uniform, the input impedance is non-monotonically varying with multiple resonances over the frequency range.

Correct. This is the input impedance into the loop

and we can see the various current minima/maxima on the loop at 500MHz

which lead to a rather complex radiation pattern at 500MHz (linear scale)

Totally different from the typical small (!) loop with series capacitor.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
W o n d e r f u l !!!

Thanks, Volker :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…