Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone know different IFA and PIFA??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyg

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone....

can anybody explain to me what different between IFA and PIFA antenna?

regards,
kyg

ifa- inverted f antenna,
pifa- planar inverted f antenna

so it means IFA and PIFA use the same concept to design?

yes EdmundZheng is right.
the concept is the same only you replace the wire in inverted F antenna by the plane( 2 dimension) to increase its bandwidth

regards

i want to design dual band freq for bluetooth and WIFI so when i try to tuned that frequency only effected to the Bluetooth resonance.Do you have any idea

regards,
kyg

well you need to post your model than people can look at it and give you any helpful comments

regards

>Hi kig,
for exapmle if you want to design a dual band 2.4 & 5.8 GHz what you can do,
is to use a pifa wich planar's element resonate at 2.4 GHZ and add to it a slot that resonate at 5 Ghz, i will post you an axemple as soon as possible
regards.

here i attach my design. so hope anyone can give any comments

Hi kyg!

if possible upload the cst file not the jpg.

okey i try zip this file

you sent me the .png files. or picture files.

I want to simulate your structure. therefore, i need the design file (not the picture file).

Hai shameekabir,

did you receive my email? i try to send the file to you.
please let me know if you not receive my file

regards,
kyg

hai shameemkabir,

now i try to send my file again. hopefully this one can work

regards,
kyg

Hi kyg,

would you please explain your structure! why do you need that aluminium part? did you follow any standard design or paper?

Compact and Broad Band Microstrip Antennas by Kin-Lu-WOng.
Planar Microstrip Antenna for wireless communication-Kin-Lu-Wong.

Regards,
Balaguru.

Hi shameemkabir,

actually at the bottom gnd plane have a metal so
i just put the aluminium to replace that material as a metal.

i design this antenna for bar code scanning application

regards,
kyg

As far as I understand you want to design a dual resonant antenna for ISM 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz band, right? However, your design does not provide two resonating path. As Balaguru suggested, please take a look at the book of Wong- Planar Antenna for wireless communications. You can find some dual resonant antennas at these frequency (chapter 5). These are some standard antennas, use one of these which suits all your constraints.

Hello can anyone help me with some new ideas am actually working on a seven-band pifa antenna with frequency range from 700MHZ to 2.5GHZ....i want to design a novel pifa to make it special....can anyone help please is urgent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back