Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone familiar with the Intel 88CO196EC MCU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyG

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of the "wire heads" on line!!

My question may or may not be simple. I am using an Intel 16 bit MCU with on-board flash and CAN communications protocol in an automotive application. The chip offers a 16 bit data bus and a 20 bit address bus. It is the newest member to the MCS96 family, and is a more supped-up version of the 196KR with some of the 196CA/CB functionality.

Some of you 8051 users might be able to help me with this.

I am looking to implement the CAN protocol along with a PCI and USB protocols. The CAN side is easy and works well in the simulations. The PCI and USB are giving me conflicts and for the life of me, I can't see why.

Can anyone offer some insight into what I should look for with regards to the physical layer connections or circuit strategy for implementing USB and PCI in this environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.