Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody has idea about the job of IC integration Eng.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxshai

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:)
What 's the major responsiblity of this job?

Hi,jaxshai

I don't know..maybe it is a job contain frontend and backend?:)

Best Regards
flyankh

Thanks Fly , I wanna apply this job, so i'd like to know more.

Hi Jaxshai,

If the company you are applying is an IP provider, then IP integration could be one task and check for the DRC/LVS. Usually, IP providers give the footprint to the designers and after the layout is completed, the footprint is removed and the original IP is integrated to the design. After this the verification checks are done and tapedout to fab.

-Sudhir

Hi sudhirtj

The company i apply is a design house, what do you think this post will be?
Thanks

I think it will be a SOC project.
You'll be work on top level module communating with architecture engineers and IP designers.
May be Synthesis scripts or DFT scripts or some other work .
The Integration group is very necessary for A matured company to design a complex chip.

An IC Integration Engineer is a wafer fab engineer whose resposibility is in making the individual unit procersses that make up the manufacture of an IC, work together to give the correct IC performance and reliability. To become an Integration Engineer, you would need to have experience as a Fab process Engineer, be very proficient in Device Physics and know a little about IC layout and some design. Typically, Integration Engineers are 7 year+ experience in wafer fabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back