Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anybody give me a power-on-reset circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
thanks
it should have the power-on-reset,and powe-down-reset function, and when reset is down it should consume zero-power!!

thank you very much

Try a MAX809 (or MCP809 from Microchip), or any other reset generators (Maxim have an entire series of Econoreset devices).

These will not draw "zero power" when reset is asserted, but they will draw only a few µA.

VVV said:
Try a MAX809 (or MCP809 from Microchip), or any other reset generators (Maxim have an entire series of Econoreset devices).

These will not draw "zero power" when reset is asserted, but they will draw only a few µA.

the point is , it must have to be zero-power!! in addition,i dont wanna use any comparator , thanks a lot

basically, add a smit trigger at RC por output can meet your requirement

come on.

it is easy for you to find a POR circuit with google.

Good luck!

piao said:
come on.

it is easy for you to find a POR circuit with google.

Good luck!

maybe......
but if u can give me some point, i will be very grateful for you.
the point is power-on and off, and zero-power when power is up
bow.........

Sorry if I sound blunt, but absolute "zero power" is not a realistic requirement, especially when the circuit is up and running. The rest of the circuit will draw significant current anyway, so it makes no difference if the reset circuit contributes a fraction of a percentage point.

Even when the circuit is in reset, it will still consume a certain amount of power, most likely far more than a good reset circuit. Do not forget that when in reset, the oscillators of the micros do not stop, and since it is the switching action that leads to power consumption, the rest of the circuit will draw significant power, even though it is in "reset".

Second, you say you do not want to use a comparator, but on the other hand you need brownout protection.

These are conflicting requirements. So you will have to compromise somewhere.

VVV

You can acuuire POR paper on IEICE web. And the papers on IEICE web are free.

The web site is **broken link removed**
But you must register account first.

Maybe the RC network could meet your requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.