Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any ordanry IR remote cntrol signal revieve by MCU AT89C2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noman Yousaf

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at89c2051,ir

hi to all
I need to make a reciever, based on AT89C2051 or AT89C51 MCU.
it will recieve the signal from any IR remote control. any configured output of mcu will active by pressing related key on remote control hand set.
Infect i want to sense the specific code, transmitted by IR remote transmitter, when any key is pressed.
Thanks in adv

ir at89c2051

What you need is a PWM source code in your chip, remote control IR transmitters basically emits a constant frequency with varying PWM that contains the function.

So what you need basically is a frequency counter and a PWM detector which can be built inside a microcontroller.

infrared remote transmitter using at89c2051

Thankyou to give me the information
now some more things
1. why do i need frequency counter?
2. how can i watch the signal PWM?

ir remote with serial in at89c2051

There are a number of projects on the web that do this, see

**broken link removed**

In a nutshell what you need to do is get an IR reciever such as TFMS5360. This will demodulate the 36-40 KHZ modulated IR signal and present the waveform to your micro then you can use a simple counter to measur the pulsewidth and detect the ir codes.

The format of IR codes is shown here

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/3947/TABLE.HTML

frequency counter with at892051

i will explain this using the 8051 model, what u need is to measure the pulse width of the incomming signal, cuse different signals have a varitions in pulse widths,
the 8051 is than used an event counter , and calculates the high time of the signl.

Status
Not open for further replies.