Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any idea how this magic trick is done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s pretty cool, I think it’s real although I’m not sure exactly how they do it. Something to do with the photo for sure, though, definitely.

Yeah, I just don’t understand what he did with the photo – like, how did he get it to work like that?

I don't think it's a trick at all. It uses subliminal suggestion just as used in advertising.

Constantly looking at the picture with the clock in it built a link in her mind between the woman and the time being shown. On being asked to recall the detail of the picture, the image of the time was brought to the forefront of her memory so that's the time she suggested. The fact that the time on the death certificate matched the clock was either planned or the certificate was produced with the matching time printed on it.

Did anyone notice the other subliminal message in the opening flashing sequences?

Brian.

This is a trick usually played by famous street magicians claiming to be able to read minds, and here it is demonstarted but the presenter doesnt claim to be a magician.
Anyways, the point to be noted is , to be 12.15 her death time, that moment when the photo was clicked, she should experienced a heart attack or a bomb should have exploded which shlould have killed her instantly or any such casuality.
Too the certificate which is shown may be some one elses because no one here may know the girl or her real name and wether she is really dead or alive. The photo may be converted monochrome to have an impression of an old one.

Statistically amazing post.

stopwatch400

bubbles8384sn

estudiosaldians

Still, its interesting that two people would both join, wait 2 days for a third person to start an off topic post, then post their first post in that thread -- 1min apart at that.

Hi Everybody

Neither am I credible but I tell the truth in these anecdotes which may be related.

Last year I stayed a few days at Nimbin Rocks Backpackers in New South Wales. A man there bent spoons in front of me. They were ordinary teaspoons which he laid on his palm and gently stroked. He allowed a Dutch girl to stroke a spoon, and it bent. He said anybody could learn the trick in say 2 years.

In 1990 or so I took a physicist to a bar where there was a poker machine. This was the Scribblers Bar in Wellington New Zealand. I there demonstrated that by playing a rhythm into the machine, which was completed by the rattle of the winning coin as it dropped into the basket, I could make the machine continue to pay me for 14 operations. I had predicted the entire scenario. The physicist said to me "I saw it, but I still don't believe it".

In 1992 I was boarding in a house in New Zealand when a man came to visit. The children were excited to see him and asked that he "do the cards". He agreed and the children took their own cards and laid them face down on the floor. They mixed them up. The man could tell exactly where every card was on the floor. I watched for a while and using my constructive imagination I then put him into a bottle made of a special kind of ice, which would isolate him, I had been told. He then said to the children that the show was over for now.

You can think I'm telling lies but I'm not. My response to these events has been that it has reduced my credulity of physics, which I already took with a grain of salt, because I am in fact a mystic.

poor mystic said:
Last year I stayed a few days at Nimbin Rocks Backpackers in New South Wales. A man there bent spoons in front of me. They were ordinary teaspoons which he laid on his palm and gently stroked. He allowed a Dutch girl to stroke a spoon, and it bent. He said anybody could learn the trick in say 2 years..
No..i never think you are lieing. Coz that possible and all these tricks are purely done by chnaging your/ audience concentration to somewhere else.
Actally in the said tric, the person will have 3 different spoons which he'll show first and the other which he'll bend, and the last one may be to show the audience after bending. The 3rd spoon is left out by some magicians to make the trick small and more easy. The one spoon which he shows will be a ordinary spoon, and the other will be having a "CUT" in the centre of the handle where a flat spring like metal srtip is attached which remans bent on normal state. Magician trickily swaps the spoons while talking and press holds the spring of the fake spoon between his thumb and other fingers, which make the spoon appear a normal. As he releases the pressure the fake spoon bends due to the spring, and looks like as he'z doing a miracle infront of your eyes.
There are many ways of doing similar tricks. Here are some..just have a look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsAB2rfx3NU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U4Yn1AXwCA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6n43sEwx38&NR=1
Cheers

I must contradict the last post in every respect.
I saw people using the same teaspoons a few minutes before. I watched from right beside him as he, and later the girl, stroked the spoons. I watched the end of the spoon lift up and curl. Then the man held a straight spoon in a different way, and while I watched from inches away he twisted it into a complete jumble near the neck of the spoon, a little from his grip.
I watched the lot, and I say he did these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back