Status
Not open for further replies.

akh_power

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone suggest a good optocoupler IC, that I can use for voltage sensing with single voltage source. I am using ACPL currently, but it requires two voltage sources. When I use this IC for both primary and secondary side of my transformer isolated power converters, I need 3 separate voltages sources. Output side of the ACPL, I can use the same voltage source, but input side I need separate voltage sources.Otherwise, it will short both input and output side.

Hi,

"ACPL" is no exact device type. At farnell a search on "ACPL" gives more than 200 results.

I am using ACPL currently, but it requires two voltage sources
What do you mean?
Usually the input of an optocoupler simply is a LED. Although a LED has 2 pins, itjust needs one voltage source.

When I use this IC for both primary and secondary side of my transformer isolated power converters, I need 3 separate voltages sources
What does this mean? --> show your circuit.

All in all a very confusing, unelaborated post. (At least to me)

Klaus

There are a lot of optocouplers in use out there: pc817, 4n25, etc. They all work fine.

For the fact that you asked this question, it seems there is more to your question than I have attempted to answer.

The question makes sense if it refers to ACPL series of isolation amplifiers and sigma-delta modulators. However there's none with built-in power transmission to the primary side. Analog AD202 is an isolation amplifier with built-in DC/DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.