Status
Not open for further replies.

med2601

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello I have a Project called in designing miniature antenna with high directivity cavity Fabry Perrot
I need help
I use hfss

Hi,

Look at this link (**broken link removed**) and these publications:

C. Mateo-Segura, M. Garcia-Vigueras, G. Goussetis, J.-L. Gomez-Tornero, A. P. Feresidis, "A Simple Technique for the Dispersion Analysis of Fabry-Perot Cavity Leaky-Wave Antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, in press

C. Mateo-Segura, G. Goussetis, A. P. Feresidis, "Sub-wavelength Profile 2-D Leaky-Wave Antennas with Two Periodic Layers," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 2, pp. 416-424, February 2011

S. Wang, A.P. Feresidis, G. Goussetis, J.C. Vardaxoglou, "High-Gain Subwavelength Resonant Cavity Antennas Based on Metamaterial Ground Planes," IEE Proc. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 153, No. 1, pp.1-6, February 2006

Feresidis, G. Goussetis, S. Wang, and J.C. Vardaxoglou, "Artificial Magnetic Conductor Surfaces and their Application to Low Profile High-Gain Planar Antennas," IEEE Transactions Antennas and Propagation, special issue on Metamaterials, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 209-215, Jan-05

S. Wang, A. Feresidis, G. Goussetis, and J.C. Vardaxoglou, "Low Profile Resonant Cavity Antenna with Artificial Magnetic Conductor Ground Plane," Electronic Letters, Vol. 40, No. 7, pp. 405-406, Apr-04

You need to have a radiating source (patch antenna for example) between two partially reflective sheets. You can go through the one in red above, it gives a good over-view on the concept. Then you can copy the same design to HFSS in order to validate the results.

Last edited:

I'm looking for how to implement the design in hfss

Do you know how to use HFSS?

If yes, then the answer again is simple, just take the dimensions stated in the mentioned paper, and draw those on HFSS.

Here's the paper title again --> "Artificial Magnetic Conductor Surfaces and Their Application to Low-Profile High-Gain Planar Antennas"

You will find the dimensions in Section IV.

I need a tutorial that outlines the steps for designing a patch antenna with high impedance Materials (Fabry Perot cavity)
thinks

Unfortunately I haven't come across any such tutorial (maybe someone else in this forum has and can help out???).

My suggestion for you is to take it step by step.
1- Learn how to design a simple patch antenna on HFSS, learn how to change dimensions and get different resonant frequencies
2- Learn how to design a High Impedance Surface or Artificial Magnetic Conductor (such as the mushroom-like structure introduced by Dan Sievenpiper)
3- By combining these skills I believe you should be able to produce your mentioned antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…