Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna array theory+matlab code

Status
Not open for further replies.

mer_

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Circular array

Hello!

I am a student of Electriacl Engineering, curently doing my final project.

I have to simulate an array with CST; becasue this is the only sw available in my company. (also concept II and Matlab)

I have the following problem, maybe someone coul help me.

The antenna array should work in the frequency range 100-480MHz, I have designed a reflector (a kind of dipole landa/2), with a vswr better than 2.

My license only allows me to feed 2 ports, so I cannot simulate the 8-element array.
In plot propperties there is an application to simulate arrays, but in my design I have to consider a mast so I cannot work with it.
By the way, does CST consider mutual coupling effects in the array?

Si alguien habla espanyol, y conoce bien como funciona CST me gustaria ponerme en contacto con él.

Thank you.

Circular array

I have doubt about your bandwidth like 100-480 MHz
Even single dipole also cannot work in the large bandwidth as specified. Are you using reflector antenna or array of lambda/2 dipole?

Re: Circular array

Hello msn,

I found a solution, so now I am simulating the whole system: array+mast
Mi dipoles are not common, thery are something weird..but they work.. are a kind of biconical antenna..

Thank you very much anyway..

Circular array

hey mer
if you want to simulate wires antenna , it is better to use supernec except cst or hfss. it is too easier and faster than these both softwares.

DONT FORGET HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back