Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansoft Turbo Package Analyzer (TPA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pororo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
Would like to find out how to assign a reference plane for package substrate in TPA environment prior RCL extraction? I tried to use the Auto-Plane extent but somehow TPA keep posting error code 1 upon meshing completion.

Thank you in advance.

This answer is a little late.

I have encountered this issue a couple of times till now. It happened even for the same models, just with some slight changes to net widths, and this error occurs. If your settings are right, and your model has passed the validation check, then it could be a bug. You should send your model to Ansoft for them to rectify the bug in the next revision of TPA.

While i know it is irritating, i can offer you a couple of alternatives:
1) Use Q3D to extract the same nets
2) Use HFSS to obtain the S-parameters, then extract RLC from there.
3) Use ADS EMDS to obtain S-parameters, then extract RLC from there.
4) Use SI-wave to extract S-parameters, then extract RLC from there (u must have a solid ground plane here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back