Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another DIY ICD2 clone that uses RS232 communication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another ICD2 Clone

Did you look on my site at www.blueroomelectronics.com the Inchworm ICD2 and yes it works. I'm going to have 200 pcbs made. Single sided 107mm x 57mm

Works great with MPLAB 7.40

*Note this is the REV D PCB layout, the corrected REV E is the one I'll be selling as a kit. It's pretty easy, you can built it on a breadboard as it's only a couple of ICs. VPP is generated using the MAX232

William At MyBlueRoom - what bootloader used ? (for ICD 2).
You have only schematic ?
PS: bootloader - hard and soft.

Its ok, i found the schematics in another post.

You'll need to put together a cheap programmer to load the bootload software onto the PIC. Lots of NOPPs or I like the JDS style serial port ones. You can't use LVP programming as RB3 is used for the BUSY LED.

Search for PonyProg in Google and you'll find some nice programmer schematics.

A ICD is MUCH more than just a programmer though. It also aids in debugging and lets you see inside the PIC while you're testing your code. Amazing helpful when you're stuck although the drawbacks of ICD are

You need to not use RB6 & RB7 (or keep them unloaded)
256bytes of the topmost program memory are used by the debugger
only some pics have the debugger built in (16F8x, 16F87x) to name a couple
Although the programming mode is very fast the debugger can be slow to single step.

I`ll think to try build the programer " Brenner 5" and next - "ICD 2". Thanks for informations.

hi thanks. i have started making ICD2 that is usb based now. after completing it i will start this.

hi guys
anybody tested this design with CCS compiler ?it's worked or no?

alec82 said:
hi guys
anybody tested this design with CCS compiler ?it's worked or no?

ICD2 use for MPLAB only.

Hi waraphop

Can you please post eagle files.

Another thing, is that ICD2 usable with Hi-Tide. If not, advise an ICD for Hi-Tide.

Regards

Another ICD2 Clone

Is this ICD or ICD2? I found ICD using pic16f876 and ICD2 unsing pic16f877 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.