Status
Not open for further replies.

AjitEDA

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So far i have been doing projects with Arduino, RPi, ATtiny etc. But now i have project in mind where these things doesnt seem to suit (dont want to use RPi). I need your help. Ok, now on the project: I have a file on my android device (an image and a .ppt file). I want to transfer it to a SD card wirelessly (bluetooth or wifi). I will be providing a USB port to access the data in SD card. Now, i want to assemble/make all the electronics required around the SD card.
(Q1) Which one to choose Bluetooth or wifi (my requirement is only short range, no internet involved) I want to know what bluetooth module should i use (i have read that the HC06 is for SPP and i cannot transfer whole .ppt and do a FTP on that)
(Q2) I dont want to use RPi or any ready made development board, i want to make my own minimum development board. Will this be possible using STM32F103 and do the Bluetooth transfer, if not which platform should I choose and how to make my own dev board? Please get me started on this

Which one to choose Bluetooth or wifi
As the 2 options are considered, some of your requirements points to the Bluetooth option ( short distance, just 2 files, minimum complexity ).

As the 2 options are considered, some of your requirements points to the Bluetooth option ( short distance, just 2 files, minimum complexity ).

Yes, thank you! Can you please elaborate and let me know which bluetooth module to use for FTP?

No, I cannot elaborate, just gave you the answer for the 1st part of the first question:

Which one to choose Bluetooth or wifi

I think it can be done with any PIC or AVR using Bluetooth. Before sending file data you have to send a code like 1 or 0. if it is 1 then it is image file and 0 means .ppt file.

micro will receive data using bluetooth through uart and write it to a file with extension say .bmp or .ppt.

I think writing raw bytes of the file with proper extension including header bytes it will be saved as proper file.

Have to try.

I can help you with the project if you can use PIC18F.

Can you tell me what the size of the files will be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.