Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

analog parts in digital design process

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkenobi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, I'm an asic design engineer and never got involved in analog. Currently I'm embedding a microcontroller into my chip. This chip should have analog parts (specifically an A/D converter). I was wondering how to implement this structure with analog libraries and how to proceed the design flow which was started with VHDL? I mean, how should I integrate analog parts into my digital structure?
(ps: I am using mentor graphics and I am not familiar with any analog libs. in mentor)
Thanks for your reply.

CMOS design is use analog mos in digital CMOS process , many text book have cmos analog design
what is your A/D speci. ?? architecture ??

if your A/D is low speed SAR (use R2R D/A + comparator) easy for design , but if yuor A/D is
hi resolution / hi speed --> buy analog IP

There are no analog libraries such as standart cells, I/O, memories, etc. If you cannot design analog block (ADC, DAC, PLL, etc) yourself, you can obtain it from the third party. Distribution contains HDL description (Verilog and VHDL is commonly accepted) and optionally netlist, layout, schematics, abstract and other views. You must specify Mentor or other formats in advance, dependig on your design flow.

sergeyr77 said:
There are no analog libraries such as standart cells, I/O, memories, etc. If you cannot design analog block (ADC, DAC, PLL, etc) yourself, you can obtain it from the third party. Distribution contains HDL description (Verilog and VHDL is commonly accepted) and optionally netlist, layout, schematics, abstract and other views. You must specify Mentor or other formats in advance, dependig on your design flow.

let's say I have the layout of the digital part extracted from HDL source and I had designed the analog part using analog libs in a separate process. how should I merge these parts into one chip? or is it possible to design the analog portion onto the digital layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back