Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog FM Modulator/Demodulator with NE/SE 546 IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kheirdoost

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys
I have been working with Ne/SE546 IC to make an analog FM modulator/demodulator.
The output of this IC as a modulator give a frequency modulated rectangular waveform. Is there a way that I can get sinusoidal modulated signal at the output other than filtering? I think we I need a way to change the VCO of this IC to a pure sinusoidal instead of rectangular oscillator.
My main problem with this IC is when I use this IC as a demodulator. When I modulate a 100 KH sinusoidal message with this IC and demodulate it, I receive a 100KHz rectangular waveform instead of sinusoidal waveform.
Since I am planning to use this IC as a wide band demodulator (3 MHz BW) I need to resolve this matter before going to higher bandwidths, I think.

Most similar ICs generate rectangular pulses as their structure is composed of switches. The only reasonable way to clean the spectrum is to use filters, low-pass and band-pass. In a demodulator it does not matter I think.

Most similar ICs generate rectangular pulses as their structure is composed of switches. The only reasonable way to clean the spectrum is to use filters, low-pass and band-pass. In a demodulator it does not matter I think.

Thanks jiripolivka.
I will let you know if more I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.