Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AN2131QC Reset when Solenoid valve switch off

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahramza

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
solenoid valve causing microcontroller reset

I'm useing AN2131QC ( 8051 base USB Microcontroller from Cypress) in a circuit that turns ON/OFF a solenoid valve. The valve coil works with 24V AC. I use a relay between the microcontroller and the solenoid valve. Eventually, when the valve switches, the microcontrollers resets.I am isulate micro from relay with optocupller pc123 and place capecitor with R in series across the solenoid valve load and it work better but after 10 min reset the micro again.
Coud you help me solve this problem?

Thanks alot

just try to seperate the micro controller power supply and the relay power supply and ground.isolate both the grounds the relay and the micro i think this might solve the problem r use an inductor r a 0 ohm resistor for the power supply and the ground that leads to the relay

Status
Not open for further replies.