Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An error while burning HEX file to AT89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfish

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hex at89c51

I am getting an error while burning my program to AT89c51. Error is that it can't write on address "2D0" hexadecimal . Can any one please tell me why is it not writing on this address. Are there any specific addresses in 4k code space where we can't write ?

starfish said:
Are there any specific addresses in 4k code space where we can't write ?

NO.

starfish said:
I am getting an error while burning my program to AT89c51. Error is that it can't write on address "2D0" hexadecimal

Can you mention what kind of programmer are you using ?

starfish said:
Can any one please tell me why is it not writing on this address.

Probably it's a damaged flash cell. Try with another chip or programmer.

Maybe a trivial question, but have you erased the chip before writing into it?

wek

check your program since the 8051 assembler never check for program over lap you will find that two instruction are using the same location so the first take the location and when the other try to be in the same location it give the error i had the same problem a while ago so check the list file
Good luck

mmohamed15 said:
check your program since the 8051 assembler never check for program over lap you will find that two instruction are using the same location

Seems you got the worst and stupid linker you can ever meat. Get rid of it until you still have the chance !

it keil linker my friend and it has no IDE i don't think it's stupid ITS FREE

I don't think that here (I mean this thread) is the ideal place to continue this argue, but that's a bad advertise for keil product.

Are you saying that BL51 didn't raised the warning L5. If not what list did you checked ? the file with "map" extension ?

mmohamed15 said:
you will find that two instruction are using the same location so the first take the location and when the other try to be in the same location it give the error

Who gives you the error ? The programmer ? If yes then it was an error in HEX file.

But the BL51 creates an absolute object module (based on OMF51 object module provided by A51) which is used by OH51 Object-HEX convertor which generates the Intel HEX file.
So, on which part of this link you've done the changes to solve the overlap problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.