Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AMS 2005 from Mentor - Installation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

svensl

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
According to Mentor the AMS 2005 design suite (A/MS Eldo...) will only run on RedHat 7.2. That is according to their installation guide. And indeed, when I try to install it on Suse 9.3. it gives me an error saying I have the wrong platform. Has anyone installed AMS 2005 or previous versions on a platform other than Redhat 7.2? If so, did he/she encounter any problems? I tried export ld_assume_kernel=2.4, but it did not help.
Any suggestions?

Svensl

yes. It can be installed in Redhat 8.0, EL 3 AS/WS. I have tested long time ago. Maybe the kernel probelm

I am going to install RH WS 4 in parallel to Suse 9.3 and see if I can make it work there. I will post results later. If anyone has any suggestions on how to solve the problem please let me know.

I want to know your test results. I have installed 2004.1 on RH AS4 and find it doesn't work. So I suspect the platform is not supported by ADMS.

Thanks

Looks lke you guys should be using Red Hat 7.x or RHEL 3.0 or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.