Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Amplifier without op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuAtAu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Another have any idea to build an amplifier without Op-Amp?
I want it able to amplify the 10mV to any voltage until 3.3V. Any idea how to do it without OpAmp?

(Challeges: 10mV can't even bias a transistor..)

I presume, as for any amplifier. there will be a supply voltage. It's surely able to bias a transistor.

The amplifier needs more specification. To start with an essential point, AC or DC signal?

Hi FvM

Its DC signal.

I just want the idea. because when take off of op amp. My mind suddenly blanked..

I try to use BJT amplifier, but the Vt or Vbe need 0.7V to bias right? Does Vcc able to help? I don't mind to have Vcc bias supply.

For a DC signal, you should consider differential transistor pairs as input stage and possibly multiple amplifier stages to achieve the intended gain.

Reactions: TuAtAu

TuAtAu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
For stable DC amplification you need a differential input transistor pair as FvM stated. Such a differential pair is biased in the active region so the 0.7V part of the bias circuit, not the DC amplification of the pair. Basically that is the input stage of an op amp.

Reactions: TuAtAu

TuAtAu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.