Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amplifier circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakirajueee08

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working with this amplifier circuit attached .When I am giving supply to the circuit my mosfet is getting hot and burning out.Someone can you please suggest me solution for this.hank you so much. nnnn.jpg

A complete schematic would tell the inductor and FET specification. The FET may be simply not suited for the application.

In addition, there's no real load impedance. All output power, unless absorbed by inductor losses, goes to the transistor. So it looks like the circuit is working as designed.

actually the coil from the 30v to the MOSFET IS A CHOKE COIL.Actually I am working with wireless power transfer.It is th e primary coil.
A complete schematic would tell the inductor and FET specification. The FET may be simply not suited for the application.

In addition, there's no real load impedance. All output power, unless absorbed by inductor losses, goes to the transistor. So it looks like the circuit is working as designed.

So when your power transistor switches on, where does the power go to? . You should monitor the AC voltage at the drain of the FET and from the rectified output drive an ALC circuit, reducing the drive, to make sure that the output voltage is stabilised at Vrf peak = 2 X Vcc (60V). That way when there is no load, the output voltage is 60V due to low drive. If a load is placed on the circuit, absorbing power from the coil, then the drive increases, to keep the voltage constant.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.