Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplified output current of DAC voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirtaha

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I make DC voltage with DAC between 0-12V.DAC outout current is maximum 10ma
but i need 300ma.How can i apmlified this current.
Thanks.

An obvious current-to-voltage converter is a Resistor. To convert 10ma to 12V, use a 1200 ohm resistor. Depending on direction of current output from DAC, use this resistor tied to ground, or in the feedback of an suitable opamp.

Its not clear why you need 300ma, unless you are forced to drive an impedance of 40 ohms ?

I am not conver 10ma to 12V. I am amplified output current.For example if DAC output is 3V (Maximum current of
DAC is 10ma) but i want 3V with 300ma , because this output voltage musr drive a solenoeid.

Still not totally clear what you are trying to do. However here is what you probably need -- do a search for Voltage Controlled Current Source (VCCS). This should give you some leads on how to progress.

Simplist config uses an active device (BJT or MOSFET) inside the feedback loop of an opamp and loaded with a known resistor R, to give you precise current gain outputs.

If you are using a Voltage output DAC, then you can feed the voltage directly to the opamp, otherwise (for current output DAC)you need a resistor (either tied to GND or in the feedback path).

Hope this helps.

Reactions: IC_fly

IC_fly

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back