Not open for further replies.

TrriKri

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I'm writing an application which is supposed to communicate with a JTAG from Amontec using the d2xx library for Linux. The drivers for the device are installed. The key is recognized by the computer, since it's listed in the proc file /proc/bus/usb/devices. When I run my application, first the VID/PID are changed with FT_SetVIDPID to the appropriate values. Then the number of devices are fetched with FT_ListDevices(&numDevs, NULL, FT_LIST_NUMBER_ONLY), and the value of numDevs then becomes 2 (why 2? There's only one device in the proc file with that VID/PID combination).

After that I run into problems. When I try to fetch information about the devices found, using FT_ListDevices, it returns 18 (FT_OTHER_ERROR), both when trying to fetch serial number and description, and both when trying to fetch it one by one and all at once.

Then I tried to open the device by serial number (since the proc file contains that info), and then by description, with FT_OpenEx, but both of those tries returned 2 (FT_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND). Then I tried to open by index using FT_Open. Indexes 0 and 1 returned 3 (FT_DEVICE_NOT_OPENED), while indexes > 1 also returned 2.

If anyone can tell me why I run into so much trouble I would be very thankful. The JTAGkey is a normal FT2232 JTAGkey from Amontec. Thanks in advance!

I found the reason for the error - I wasn't logged in as root.

Status
Not open for further replies.