Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amontec JTAGkey problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrriKri

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I'm writing an application which is supposed to communicate with a JTAG from Amontec using the d2xx library for Linux. The drivers for the device are installed. The key is recognized by the computer, since it's listed in the proc file /proc/bus/usb/devices. When I run my application, first the VID/PID are changed with FT_SetVIDPID to the appropriate values. Then the number of devices are fetched with FT_ListDevices(&numDevs, NULL, FT_LIST_NUMBER_ONLY), and the value of numDevs then becomes 2 (why 2? There's only one device in the proc file with that VID/PID combination).

After that I run into problems. When I try to fetch information about the devices found, using FT_ListDevices, it returns 18 (FT_OTHER_ERROR), both when trying to fetch serial number and description, and both when trying to fetch it one by one and all at once.

Then I tried to open the device by serial number (since the proc file contains that info), and then by description, with FT_OpenEx, but both of those tries returned 2 (FT_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND). Then I tried to open by index using FT_Open. Indexes 0 and 1 returned 3 (FT_DEVICE_NOT_OPENED), while indexes > 1 also returned 2.

If anyone can tell me why I run into so much trouble I would be very thankful. The JTAGkey is a normal FT2232 JTAGkey from Amontec. Thanks in advance!

I found the reason for the error - I wasn't logged in as root.

Status
Not open for further replies.