Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ALU design using xilinx help urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy.coy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am trying to design a 4-bit Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU) and implement it using the Xilinx Spartan 3 FPGA on the Digilent Spartan 3 development board.

The ALU needs to provide two different functions: subtract (A-B) and multiply (A*B). There will be two 4-bit operands A<3:0> and B<3:0> which both express signed (positive and negative) integer numbers. 2’s complement representation is used to represent signed values. The two operands A and B will be set by the sliding switches on the Digilent FPGA board (SW7-SW0).

There will be 4, 1-bit function buttons: BTN3-BTN0 on the Digilent board. These will be used to select between the two ALU functions. ‘ON state’ means that a button is pressed down.

There will be four 7-segment displays used to display input operands and the results in hexadecimal format. Two 7-segment displays on the left in the display block should always display the input operands A<3:0> and B<3:0>. The other two displays on the right should display the result according to the function buttons, as follows:

Function buttons Result
BTN3 BTN2 BTN1 BTN0
OFF OFF OFF ON A – B
OFF OFF ON OFF A * B
All other combinations 0

For all arithmetic operations the result should be the correct two’s complement value in hexadecimal format.

please help me doing this task.. i am badly stuked and i need to complete this in couple of days....

i have already designed following parts:-
Full Adder
7-segment display
Half Adder

What's that you say? Your assignment is due in 24 hours and you were not able to sucker someone into doing your work for $50? Oh dear. Might I suggest a course in time management? Either that, or just do some bullshitting towards your prof why you were not able to turn this assignment in on time.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back