Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Offline Integrated Library Maker making blank components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Analyst

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I'm trying to convert an Altium component database (.DbLib) into an integrated library so that guys can take it offsite to work on designs, etc. I'm using Altium Designer 10.

I'm using the wizard as shown in the Altium wiki, which seems to be doing fine, but most of the output files are blank. This database is comprised of 28 different sheets, some of which have quite a few components. In order to make the database I split all footprints into separate files, and referenced them from an Excel file. The whole setup with footprint and schematic libraries takes up ~200MB, but output files take up only about 10MB.

In the output folder it makes 1 folder for each sheet, with a .IntLib, .LibPkg, .PcbLib and .SchLib file in it. The .PcbLib file contains a blank component PCBComponent_1, and the .SchLib contains a blank Component_1.

Am I doing something wrong with my database which means it won't work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this thing has me baffled.

Thanks, Jodie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back