Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium "Minimum solder mask sliver constraint violation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

crille

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have done a schematic and pcb, and when i run the design rule check I got this warning "Minimum Solder Mask Sliver Constraint Violation".

I know I got this warning because it's only 0.047mm between solder mask on pins on my ATMega644P footprint (44ML_N) from atmels library.

The PCB manufacture has statet 2mil (0.0508mm) minimum for Solder Mask Sliver Constraint, which I have added to the rules .

I can not move the solder masks because the pin's on the ATMega is so close to each other.

Any tips how I can solve this problem?

Thanks

I think it is not a serious problem

I know I got this warning because it's only 0.047mm between solder mask on pins on my ATMega644P footprint (44ML_N) from atmels library.
just adjust the rules.maybe the default rule( is more than 0.047mm) and it makes problem

OK, so it will not be a problem?

I have newer sent my design to a manufacturer before, I have always done etching by myself.

Will the soldermask just be a big soldermask over all pads it the distance is to small?

Yes you can make large soldermask over all pins so that you dont have to give this small sliver.
large solder mask will not be an issue as I do it for small pitch packages and never had problem fron manufacturere for that

Agreed, you or your manufacturer should remove the small slivers between the pins as these can flake of and cause all sorts of problems. The large opening is common for fine pitch devices.

No, having the solder mask blocked around pins can cause endless production problems due to shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back