Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium - How to make plane clearance layer specific?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TA37

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've been struggling with Altium and can't find a rule-set that seems to let me do what I want: I want the plane-swell (clearance) around thru-board signal vias to be 9 mil on GND layer but 14 mil on PWR plane layers. This was easy to do in PCAD but seems impossible in Altium. Any ideas?

I've tried various prioritized rule permutations using IsVia(), ExistsOnLayer(), etc. But the via exists on multiple layers. And the rules seem to only care about the object penetrating the layer, not which layer the plane itself is on.

About to give up and just set the IsVia() clearance on planes to 9 mil and draw 14 [+via diameter] mil circles around each and every via on the non-GND layer

And a custom via stackup with bigger annular ring doesn't help, because it doesn't change the distance from the outer extent of the via metal to the plane metal, even if it makes the circle larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back