Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer with auto jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec-eng

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
altium jumper

i have a question about Altium

Sometimes I need to design single layer PCB boards to decrease the cost of production , I know that some PCB layout softwares have the ability to autoroute single layers and to solve the unconnectable nets by placing jumpers (as you know that single layer boards usually can't be autorouted all of its netlist without jumpers), I wonder if Altium Designer has this ability(Placing automatically jumpers for unrouted nets by autorouting).
all i want is just single layer board with auto jumper routing like in Orcad. but to be honest my head almost blew up set it up in Altium?? anybody can help me???

Does Altium Support Auto jumpers

if not,so please suggest a good software for doing that

and if i migrated to Allegro with specctra auto router

does it support single layer pcb with Auto jumpers

thanks

altium autoroute jumper

No, Altium Designer does not support single layer autorouting with jumpers. You would have to set up the routing rules for a two sided board, with routing cost adjusted to favor one side. You would then have to manually place jumpers.

Likewise, Allegro does not support single sided boards with Specctra autorouting. You would have to do the same as suggested above.

I'm sure you will get a flood of recommendations for EDA software that can do that sort of thing. There are several hobby level PCB design packages that do auto jumpers (DipTrace and Number One Systems for example).

PADS has jumpers that can be manually placed and the autorouter will recognize them, but it doesn't have the ability to generate jumpers automatically from the autorouter.

elec-eng

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back