Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer Winter 09 - Steps for Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamadiss

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to everybody. I want to know how i can simulation a circuit in Altium Designer Winter 09. Can anybody write me the steps that i have to follow to do simulation, for example in the circuit below. Thanks.

hi

1. check if u have simulation models available for all the components (by double clicking on the component).

2. go to Design -> simulation -> mixed sim

3. we can set the type of analysis we want.

hope this helps. i have done similar R-C circuits for my initial learning.
the +12 in the schematic should be replaced with a simulation voltage source.

Thanks but i want the steps from begin for simulation, because before at work Multisim who is more easy. Do you know a book for altium designer simulation. :D

Hi

for beginning of simulation in altium, you can go through the altium document in help menu

type F1 and enter AP0136.

this document should give you enough information in learning simulation.

ask me if you have any questions on this.

Regards,
skr

diamadiss

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello. I make and i simulate the circuit in below. My problem is that i can't change the values of the sources. In the simulation window i show the initial values of sources even when i change them. Thanks!:|

sorry. I didn't understand ur question quite well. Are you not able to change the values of simulation sources?

once we double click on the voltage source 12Vpos, we can change the value. The designator may still show 12Vpos.

Regards,
skr

Finally i solve the problem with simulation. Thanks a lot for answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back