Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer 6.6 basics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what you mean by "part items". Parts are sections of a component - like U1A, U1B, etc. The A, B, etc, are parts of U1 - is that what you mean. Are you talking about selecting on the schematic or the PCB?

I meant selecting only Object Kind: "Part" from a schematic. I suppose you could do it from the query builder but wondering if there is a shortcut.

I don't know what your overall goal is, but there are a number of ways to select only "parts".

- You can use the Schematic Filter panel with the query (ObjectKind = 'Part')
- You can use 'Find Similar Objects' from the right click menu
- You can set the 'Sch List Panel' to show only parts and select them in that Panel
- You can set 'Preferences>Schematic>Graphical Editing>Shift Click to Select>Primitives>Parts' so shift clicking to select will ONLY select Parts

Without knowing what you're trying to accomplish, it's difficult to know what to recommend.

nzkunal

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
What I am trying to do is hide part comments for all parts in schematic.

Just realised that I can do this by selecting everything and then selecting Include only "Parts" that works quite well

Am just trying to create rules for a design: creating classes etc. Only way I can find to do this is through Design-> Classes in the PCB file but when I try to update the schematic file I get a message "Differences cannot be resolved by ECO"

Is there anyway to resolve this? Alternatively can I create the rules in the actual schematic and update the rules that way?

Thanks

You cannot pass classes back from the PCB to the schematic in Alitum Designer. They can only be passed from the schematic to the PCB.

nzkunal

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
how do I set up classes in schematic?

Thanks

am trying to use a polygon to pour over a net. How do I configure the thickness of the connections between the polygon and solder pads on components? At the moment there are only 4 very thin connections between the polygon and the pad.

Thanks

You set up classes in the schematic by placing design directives on the affected nets ("Place>>Directives>>Net Class").

You control the width of the thermal connections in "Design>>Rules>>Polygon Connect Style".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back