Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium - change multiple track layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScOe

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
getting started with scripting dxp

Hi,
Is there an option to change layer for multiple tracks ? I couldnt find it anywhere, and when i select few tracks and double click on one of it, it changes only properties of that one selected. I hope that such a trivial task is possible, cause it make me pretty mad when i need to click on 1000 of segments to change layer. Yeah, i'm not using auto route option.

Thanx

altium change layers

This tutorial might solve your problem: "Altium Designer 6.9 -> Help -> Getting Started -> Editing Multiple Objects"
Also Altium has good scripting support to automate various kind of tasks.
You should try these tutorials for further information on scripting:
"..\Program Files\Altium Designer 6\Help\GU0120 A Tour of the Scripting System.PDF"
"..\Program Files\Altium Designer 6\Help\TU0121 Getting Started with Scripting.PDF"
"..\Program Files\Altium Designer 6\Help\TU0125 Building Script Projects.PDF"

Ahmet ARDAL

ScOe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
change layer altium

thanx, i'll take a look at it ...

Select the tracks for which you want to change layers, then open the "Inspector Panel" and choose the new layer. As soon as you hit "enter" they are all placed on the new layer.

You can select multiple objects in many ways. You can hold down the shift key while clicking on the objects, you can drag a box around the objects to be selected, you can select specific nets (hotkeys SN), you can use "Find Similar Objects", etc. All selected objects can be operated on at the same time by using the "Inspector Panel".

hrm, well i cant find that PCB inspector panel ...
Do i need to enable it somewhere in customization or ?

What version are you using?

In all versions since DXP, there is a button labled "PCB" in the lower right corner of the workspace, the inspector can be brought up from there. You can also hit the "F11" key. You can also go to View>>Workspace Panels>>PCB Inspector . The panel also comes up automatically if you check the box at the bottom of the Find Similar Objects dialog.

ScOe

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
F11 did the trick ... I havent look at workspace panels submenu, guess i missed it.

Thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back