Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

alternative to TL431 in isolated smps with Vout= 38v

Status
Not open for further replies.

eem2am

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I do isolated smps with TL431 /OPTO feedback.

Vout is 38V and since TL431 is maximum of 36V so I cannot use it.

Any reader know of a nice cheap alternative……..for example an op amp with this supply capability

The TL431 can be replaced with a circuit based on discrete components such as Zener diode, opamp and BJT/MOSFET OC/OD transistor ..
Have a look at the attached picture ..

IanP
:|

hello
-but problem is that op-amp in TL431 is of necessity , very "slow"...it's difficult to find op-amps which are slow enough for this purpose.

I have tried your circuit, but the transistor that you have shown just smashes between fully on and fully off....no matter what kind of feedback i put round the op-amp.

Do you have suggestions?

it's difficult to find op-amps which are slow enough for this purpose

I don't understand the problem, an OP circuit needs frequency compensation as well as a TL431. The part
count of the OP circuit is most likely higher, that's why most designers would use a TL431 with a simple
voltage divider or series zener diode to handle the supply voltage range. Respective circuits have been
discussed at edaboard before.

Status
Not open for further replies.