Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alternativ to GRASP? PO and mutli-GTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauloftin

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to find free software for simulation reflector antenna, which use PO (modelling by physical optics) and multi-GTD (Geometrical Theory of Diffraction). Typical is software GRASP (TICRA). You can use free student edition, but in this version you can not use your feed patterns. You can export farfield from CST MWS and use it in this software, but only in full version.

Do you know, if exist free alternative software?

Thank

Hi - this message is only for support this thread :)

Do you know some software for simulation parabolic antenna? I have feedhorn a his radiation patterns from CST Microwave studio and I would like to use physical optic and diffractive optics on the set of parabolic antenna.

Thank

Last edited:

ICARA is one free educational software for analyzing reflectors.
**broken link removed**

Since it is an academic software is more limited than GRASP. However, you can use file-defined feed patterns and it works quite well.
You will need to parse the CST file conveniently so it can be read by ICARA.

Thank. Yes, I know ICARA, but it is very inaccurate. It is good for student.

Hi - this message is only for support this thread again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back