Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altera Quartus II + QSF file + Generate sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.

flote21

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys!

I am a simple question, I have two different mainboards with two different pin assignments. And I want to use the same VHDL project for both mainboards. So I need to change the QSF file according to the mainboard used. Is there any possibility to use a flag combined with a "generate" sentence and compile vhdl project according to the value of the flag like a macro in C? Which solution can you provide me for this issue?

Thanks

Afaik, no there isn't. The two qsfs are two different projects.
You can set pin assignments from within the using attributes, but its not really recommended practice.

Thanks a I will do that ;-)

Afaik, no there isn't. The two qsfs are two different projects.
You can set pin assignments from within the using attributes, but its not really recommended practice.

I haven't used Quartus for a while, but I guess it is possible to have two projects that use the same source files. It should then be possible to use "generate" to make the projects different if there are more differences than the pinout.

Yes you are right, but The project is the same and the only change is the pinout...So I need two different QSF files...

I haven't used Quartus for a while, but I guess it is possible to have two projects that use the same source files. It should then be possible to use "generate" to make the projects different if there are more differences than the pinout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back